We want you to benefit from our Smart Account and Smart Meters as soon as possible. Our aim is for all homes in Jersey to have access to a Smart Account and a Smart Meter by 2019, and we’ve already started to install them.
How you use your energy becomes clear by looking at your Smart Account. If you can see the energy you use, you can start to make changes that can help you save money. And you’ll benefit from bills based on the readings that are sent to us automatically from your Smart Meter. These are just some of the reasons we are changing the way our customers use energy – and we’re committed to putting your needs first.
That’s why we’ve drawn up this Customer Charter to make our promises clear to you.
We’ll make the installation as trouble free as possible
- We’ll book an appointment that’s convenient for you.
- Our carefully selected and trained Smart Installers will show you photo I.D. when they arrive. They’ll also make sure your home is left just as they found it – they’ll protect carpets, curtains and surfaces, and clear away any mess.
- We will leave you with our simple guide on how to get the best from your Smart Account and Smart Meter
- Any questions – visit www.smartthinking.je or call us on 505460.
We’ll help you choose the right tariff
- When your Smart Meter is in place, you can stay on your existing tariff or choose a new one that suits you better. Switching tariffs is quick and easy.
We’ll help you manage your energy use and save money
- When you register for your Smart Account, you can access your energy bills online via your PC, Tablet or Mobile device.
- When you get your Smart Meter, your Smart Account will provide information on your energy use by displaying your profile data in charts and graphs. It makes it easy to see how much energy you have used and when so you can manage your energy and make savings.
- You can get further energy saving ideas on our Energy Hub.
We’re here to help when you need us
- If you need extra help, we’ll do all we can to make sure your payment method, meter and your online account are right for you. We’ll also ensure that you fully understand how your Smart Meter can help save you money.
- If you don’t have access to a computer, we can set you up with a Smart Account Buddy; a friend, relative or neighbour who can access your Smart Account and show you how to benefit and make savings.
- If you have difficulty paying your credit bill you may prefer a Pay As You Go tariff. We’ll discuss the choices with you.
We’re committed to protecting your personal data
- We will collect and store your billing data and, with your permission, your half-hourly profile data. Billing data will be kept indefinitely; half hourly profile data for up to three years. We need this information to provide you with a quality and efficient service.
- We promise to take care of your personal data. Your information will be encrypted and kept secure to protect it from misuse.
- We’ll record meter readings and profiling data from your Smart Meter every day and these will be sent to us via a secure, encrypted network.
- Your personal Smart Account will be protected by a password of your choice.
We’re committed to upholding your rights
- We won’t share your energy consumption data with any third parties other than our billing provider and you can ask us not to send marketing communications to you.
- You have three choices relating to the profiling data available from your Smart Meter.
- You can give us permission to collect and store the data. We will then convert this into useful charts enabling you to better understand and manage your energy use.
- Should you wish Jersey Electricity to stop collecting and storing your half-hourly profiling data, you need to tell us and we will render this information anonymous by removing the personal elements of the data. It is important, however, that you understand that if you don't allow us to retain this data, we cannot offer you the full range of benefits Smart Account delivers and this will greatly limit the level of help we can offer with future billing enquiries.
- If you choose to do nothing, and don't sign up for Smart Account, we will collect your profiling data and render this information anonymous by removing the personal elements of the data. We will use this anonymised data for network analysis purposes.
- You can change your mind at any time; just let us know.
- We will continue to collect a daily billing read to ensure your supply is being maintained and to produce your quarterly bills.
- We comply with all relevant laws and regulations, including the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.